Office carpet cleaning in Singapore is important both for the aesthetic appearance of your home or office, and the well-being of the people who work in the office. Stains and dirty carpets can detract from a peaceful atmosphere, while allergens and dirt can contribute to respiratory problems. There are several ways to clean a carpet, depending on the nature of the mess.
Vacuuming Your Carpet
To start your office carpet cleaning using a vacuum, you have to first, pick up any documents, files or other objects that will obstruct the passage of the vacuum cleaner.
● Remove any small items on the carpet surface that might damage the mechanism.
● Remember to look under the furniture and workstation
● Dust the blinds, furniture, workstation, and baseboards first. The falling dust can then be vacuumed up.
The edges of the carpets and the baseboards often collect dust which should first be removed.
● If objects cannot be moved, use the vacuum nozzle attachment to clean hard-to-reach areas.
First vacuum the entire room horizontally, then repeat the process by going vertically. Carpet fibres are normally twisted, and by going in both directions, you can ensure that every part of the fibre has been cleaned.
Vacuum regularly is essential in keeping the cleanliness of the carpet. However, “regularly” will depend on several factors, such as the number of employees, nature of the business, etc. In general, it’s recommended to vacuum a minimum of once a week or more if it is required. If you want to have a vacuum service for your office carpet cleaning on a regular basis, you can avail of our services at LUKIS.
Spot Cleaning Your Carpet
We would recommend you to use a clean white cloth for cleaning your carpet, as Rags that have patterns or have been dyed may transfer the color to your carpet, which will eventually be creating more problems. Paper towels that do not have patterns may also be an adequate solution.
● Do not use bristles or brushes as these can damage the fibres of the carpet.
● Spot cleaning is recent stains and is not part of regular carpet maintenance.
Choose the right carpet cleaner. There is a huge variety of commercial carpet solutions available in the market. Carpet cleaning solutions typically come in spray bottles or cans to make spot cleaning easier. While there are many multi-purpose removers to choose from, read the label to determine if a particular cleaner is right for your stain and carpet type. A professional office cleaner in Singapore can help you with this, but here are the basics:
● For a dry stain, first, blot with hydrogen peroxide and follow up with an enzyme-based detergent.
● Set stains can be removed with 1/3 vinegar in water solution.
● Fresh stains, follow up with a detergent, and finish with water should do the job.
Always test the carpet cleaning solution at a discreet part of the carpet first. Some products may be suitable for your carpet, so it is best to test them first. A scrap of carpet or a rarely seen place such as the interior of a closet are good places for testing cleaners. Do not do this test on the stain itself. Its purpose is to check for carpet discoloration. If there is any discoloration on your carpet or the cleaner itself leaves behind a stain, change to a different cleaning solution.
Dab the affected area. Apply a small amount of product to a clean white cloth and gently blot the stain. Avoid excessive usage of the solution to treat the stain.
● When it comes to carpets, more cleaning solution does not mean a better result. If the cleaning solution is left in the carpet, it will attract dirt and leave a larger stain than before.
● Avoid scrubbing the carpet. Pressing hard or rubbing vigorously can drive the stain deeper into the fibres.
Rinse the carpet with water by using a fresh clean white cloth to soak up any remaining cleaning solution by blotting the treated area. Do not soak the carpet with water as it may be absorbed into the pad beneath, leading to problems with mold and mildew.
● Allow the area to air dry completely. If it is a large stain or you used a large amount of water, run a fan or specialty carpet dryer next to accelerate the drying process.
These two carpet cleaning methods can be done with or without the help of a professional office carpet cleaning service. Try them now!